WELCOME TO ENDURANCE TRACK
The track and field season offers distance athletes a wide variety of events to compete in. There are a total of 16 events in track and field from sprint relays, sprints, endurance, vertical and horizontal jumps, and weight events; typically known as run, jump, and throw.
Many distance runners will race the 400 meters to 3200 meters as their aerobic strength and speed development allow them to be versatile, but some have sprinted, hurdled, pole-vaulted, and jumped.
Training typically starts after the cross country break in November and builds up to the start of the season in March. Racing and scoring points in the track meets are different than xc invitationals as you want to earn more point so the team with the most points win. Athletes may compete in 1 to 3 races per meet depending on fitness level and the purpose of the meet.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL ATHLETES
The following items need to be completed prior to summer training.
- Complete the athletic registration on Athletic Clearance for the 2022-23 school year. Select Cross Country as your sport when completing the registration.
- Complete a Sports Screening for the 2022-23 school year using this form. Go to the local Marque Medical or to your personal physician.
- Register for Summer Practice from June 18 to August 8 Monday thru Friday/Saturday. Boys Link / Girls Link
- Signup on Final Surge for the online training log to keep track of your progress. Text coach the email address used to register.
- New athletes and parents register for REMIND to be “connected and in the loop,” so you don’t miss a step!
- Social media: Like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Instagram
Winter training is the transition and foundational phase from cross country to track and field. We focus on strength, technique and economy during this phase. All comer meets and winter track championships are used to prepare for the spring season.
Freshman Training Calendar TBD 2023
Sophomore Training Calendar TBD 2023
Varsity Training Calendar TBD 2023
2023 Meet Schedule (tentative)
The Roughest Roads Often Lead To The Top!
Grab Your Shoe’s And Let’s Chat.
The Mission is to instill habits of leadership, accountability and responsibility. We strive to provide the confidence, tools and GRIT to overcome challenges for personal success.
The Vision is to allow competitors an opportunity to challenge themselves at their highest level and to apply the learning of their experience to life, education and athletics.