WELCOME TO CROSS COUNTRY
Cross Country is a competitive team sport offered in the fall where athletes race 3 miles over a variety of terrain and surfaces. It is an individual sport with a team component, and everyone gets to compete. There are typically four levels during the competition (freshman, sophomore, junior varsity, and varsity). Scoring is like golf where the lowest score wins, and the individual finishing place is the points earned to total the team score (first 5 runners).
Cross country is challenging physically, and mentally and is a great way to get in shape for any winter or spring sport. We work on building endurance, speed, strength, and flexibility starting in June and build as the summer progresses. Late August to November is race time and you want to be in the hunt when it matters most, therefore we encourage consistent summer training as it is vital to the success of all cross country athletes and teams. The formula is simple: Have fun, train hard, and compete!
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL ATHLETES
The following items need to be completed prior to summer training.
- Complete the athletic registration on Athletic Clearance for the 2022-23 school year. Select Cross Country as your sport when completing the registration.
- Complete a Sports Screening for the 2022-23 school year using this form. Go to the local Marque Medical or to your personal physician.
- Register for Summer Practice from June 18 to August 8 Monday thru Friday/Saturday. Please contact us with any questions.
- Signup on Final Surge for the online training log to keep track of your progress. Text coach the email address used to register.
- New athletes and parents register for REMIND to be “connected and in the loop,” so you don’t miss a step!
- Social media: Like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Instagram
- Email CoachBelo@gmail.com (boys) or CoachMayraBelo@gmail.com (girls)
Summer training is the foundation for a great cross-country running season and is also important for your long-term development. Do the things in the summer that will make you a better runner, not only in the upcoming cross-country season but in the seasons that follow. We will have different training plans for each of the groups: Freshman/ new athletes, Sophomores, and Varsity.
2022 Meet Schedule (tentative)
These are the invitationals we are considering. We will only attend one invitational per weekend.
3- Saturday Fastback Invitational Mt.San Antonio College
3- Saturday Saddleback Cup Trabuco Hills HS
10- Saturday Laguna Hills Invitational Laguna Hills HS
10- Saturday Iolani Invitational Oahu, HI
16- Friday Woodbridge Invitational Silverlake Sports Complex
17- Saturday De La Salle Invitational Concord, CA
24- Saturday Dana Hills Invitational Dana Hills HS
24- Saturday Nike Portland Invitational Portland, OR
30- Friday Twilight Meet Flagstaff, AZ
1- Saturday Central Park Invitational Huntington Beach
5- Wednesday CVAA Preview Meet Irvine Regional Park
8- Saturday Clovis Invitational Fresno, CA
14- Friday OC Championships Oak Park Irvine
15- Saturday OC Championships Oak Park Irvine
21- Friday Mt. Sac Invitational Mt.San Antonio College
25- Friday Apache Invitational Arcadia Regional Park
3- Thursday Sea View League Finals Irvine Regional Park
12- Saturday CIF Prelims Mt.San Antonio College
19- Saturday CIF Finals Mt.San Antonio College
26- Saturday State Meet Fresno, CA
The Roughest Roads Often Lead To The Top!
Grab Your Shoe’s And Let’s Chat.
The Mission is to instill habits of leadership, accountability and responsibility. We strive to provide the confidence, tools and GRIT to overcome challenges for personal success.
The Vision is to allow competitors an opportunity to challenge themselves at their highest level and to apply the learning of their experience to life, education and athletics.