- Associates Degree: Physical Education, Irvine Valley College, Irvine, CA
[/vcex_icon_box][vcex_icon_box style=”one” icon_color=”#dd3333″ icon_size=”24px” heading=”CERTIFICATIONS” heading_type=”h2″ url_target=”_self” icon=”certificate”]Nutrition – Mental Training
- Health Coach Certification, Institute for Integrative Nutrition, New York, NY January 2013
USA Track & Field – IAAF
- USA Track and Field Level I Certification, Orange County, CA 2012
[/vcex_icon_box][vcex_icon_box style=”one” icon_color=”#dd3333″ icon_size=”24px” heading=”MEMBERSHIPS” heading_type=”h2″ url_target=”_self” icon=”pencil” heading_color=”#000000″]
- USA Track and Field Coaches Registry
- Boys Assistant Cross Country Coach.
GrassRoots Athletics, USATF Club (PA & SCA Associations)
- Cross Country and Track and Field Coach 2012
Laguna Hills High School; Laguna Hills, CA
- Assistant Endurance Coach for Cross Country and Track n’ Field 1996-1998.
[/vcex_icon_box][vcex_icon_box style=”one” icon_color=”#dd3333″ icon_size=”24px” heading=”RESULTS OF HARD WORK” heading_type=”h2″ url_target=”_self” icon=”star”]
- Cross Country
Laguna Hills High School, Laguna Hills, CA
- 1992 California State Meet Division III 3rd place.
- 1992 CIF-SS Division III Cross Country Champion-1992.
- 1992 CIF-SS Division III Cross Country Team Champions.
Mayra Medina-Belo brings competition experience to the athletes of GrassRoots Athletics as a successful high school and community college standout.
She competed for Laguna Hills High School and was a CIF Southern Section Division III Champion and 3rd place California State Finalist for Cross Country as an individual. She was the team captain of her team that also won the CIF-SS Division III team title and runner up at the California Cross Country State Meet. Her indoor 2 mile performance still stands in the top 10 of Orange County, CA performances.
She competed for Irvine Valley Community College for Cross Country and finished 11th at the State Meet and was the top runner of the State championship team.
Coach Medina-Belo brings enthusiasm to teach and help athletes reach their potential. Her attitude is motivational and contagious as she understands what is required to work individually and as a team player to reach championship level.
She is currently a student of the Institute of Integrated Nutrition in New York and is completing her certification as a certified health and nutrition coach. Coach Medina-Belo is also a Certified Level I USA Track and Field Certified Coach.